Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scan or MRI Scan can image the anatomy of organs in our body, pinpoint the areas of disease location and spread, and find the aggressiveness of tumours, infections, etc.
Proven to be completely safe, the scan causes no radiation.
Why should you take an MRI Scan?
- It detects and diagnoses health problems at an early stage
- Provides high-resolution images that can help your doctor make an accurate diagnosis.
- Can be used to identify tumours, cysts, and other abnormalities in any area of the body.
- Most accurate diagnostic tool available for diagnosing and treating diseases of the brain, spine, and musculoskeletal system.
MRI Scan Procedure:
- Fasting is not needed
- Belt, Jewellery, Watch, and Wallet may need to be removed during the study. A secure safe with a lock and key will be allotted to you for keeping your things safely.
- You may be given earplugs or headphones to block out the loud noise from the machine.
- Bringing an attendee with you is a must for the contrast study. He/she will be allowed to be you within the scanning room.
- A dressing change is needed for an MRI study. Please bring a Dhoti or Nightdress without metal clips or zip. Routine tablets (diabetes, hypertension tablets, etc) taken by you can be taken on the day of scanning. Please bring your previous scan and blood test reports/discharge summaries.
Things to consider before taking an MRI Scan:
Though it is considered a very safe procedure, there are some precautions you should take before having an MRI scan. The whole procedure usually takes 30-60 MINUTES.
Most people tolerate the scan well, but if you’re claustrophobic or have anxiety, you may want to ask your doctor about medications that can help you relax during the exam.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes
- If you have any metal implants in your body, please inform your doctor.
- Eat light food before the scan.
If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, tell your doctor before you have an MRI scan.
MRI Scan Cost in Aarthi Scans & Labs:
We have 1.5 Tesla MRI scans in the following branches of Aarthi Scans and Labs – Chennai (Vadapalani, Alwarpet, Anna Nagar, Perambur, Tambaram, Tondiarpet, Chrompet, Velachery, Kilpauk, Porur, Madipakkam, Ambattur) Tamilnadu (Madurai, Tenkasi, Tuticorin, Tanjore, Rajapalayam, Kovilpatti), Bangalore (Jayanagar, Indiranagar, Rajajinagar), Hyderabad (Panjagutta, Kukatpally, Dilsukhnagar), Mumbai (Parel, Andheri), Delhi NCR (Janakpuri, Gurugram, Karkardooma). We have 3 Tesla MRI scans in Tirunelveli (Only 3 Tesla MRIs in Southern districts of Tamilnadu)
Aarthi Scans and Labs is the most affordable diagnostic service provider in India. Transparency is our motto. As a routine practice, we charge lesser prices at nighttime (8 PM to 12 midnight, all through the year) to help patients in need.
Note – Special studies like Cardiac MRI, Fetal MRI, etc are priced differently than the below charges.
The charges are,
- MRI Scan Brain/Cervical Spine/Lumbar spine/Joints – Rs 3500; (7 pm to 11 pm) – Rs 2750
- MRI Scan Abdomen – Rs 5000
- MRCP/Pelvis – Rs 4500
- MRI Mammogram – Rs 8000
- MRI Spectroscopy – Rs 2000
- MRI Contrast Study – Rs 2000 to 2500
- MRI scan of Abdomen/MRCP/Pelvis (7 pm to 11 pm) – Rs 3750